Yesterday I technically had a smoothie as a snack, but I’m guessing McDonald’s smoothies don’t count in my health journey, so I decided not to count. At least I had that instead of a high calorie coffee drink like I normally would have. So, when I came home from my shopping trip I put on my new white shorts (oops) and started concocting. The results were delicious, but dribbly, so be warned! Don’t wear white while playing with frozen blueberries!
Pineapple Blueberry Delight
- Half cup pineapple
- One cup frozen or fresh blueberries
- One cup mixed spinach and arugula
- One cup almond milk ice cubes (I freeze my own in advance)
- Half cup milk (I used cow for extra protein but could be non-dairy)
- One tablespoon coconut oil
- Half lime squeezed
Blend until the ice cubes are dissolved. I found I could really taste the coconut and arugula in this one. Delish!
What are you using for protein in meal replacement smoothies? I had been thinking almond milk did the trick but then I looked at the box. It’s only one gram of protein per cup, compared to nine in cow’s milk.