I’m gearing up for the Valentine’s Day release! http://heatherhiestand.com/books/i-wanna-be-loved-by-you/ Sadie and Les are going to knock your socks off!
BOOK CLUB READING GUIDE for I Wanna Be Loved By You by Heather Hiestand
Spies feature prominently in I Wanna Be Loved By You. Who is your favorite spy character in fiction?
- Given that the hero in this book, Les Drake, is a spy, he lies continuously to the heroine. Do you think someone who works undercover can ever be a reliable romantic partner?
- Sadie is a madcap heroine who does things like go on a several-hour train ride with a man she barely knows for a date. If you are really feeling the spark with a man, how much risk would you take to go on a date with him?
- Sadie was orphaned as a pre-teen and raised by elderly grandparents. How would this affect your outlook on life?
- Sadie has spent her life living with her older sister. All of a sudden, when she’s nineteen, her older sister moves away, leaving her without her best friend and support system. What life changes might you make under those circumstances?
- Sadie is surprised to hear her date’s accent changing as he interacts with other people. Would this be a red flag for you? What other red flags might make you want to end a date?
- Sadie flings caution to the wind to some degree because it’s her birthday and she’s lonely. What kind of birthday present would you consider acceptable from a date you don’t know very well?
- What kind of behavior do you like best from a work supervisor? This book is set in 1925 and I imagined a fairly paternalistic relationship between Sadie and her boss, Peter Eyre. How do you think work relationships have changed in the past ninety years?