I Wanna By Loved By You is finally here, and my first review for it was so incredibly kind and spectacular that I have to share a snippet with you! I hope everyone enjoys Sadie’s adventure as much as this reviewer did.
“I WANNA BE LOVED BY YOU is exceptionally well researched, and the author’s unparalleled attention to detail takes us back in time… I WANNA BE LOVED BY YOU is very fast-paced, and exciting; it was easy to identify with Sadie, as I had the feeling of living the spy story as she did. The romance and the suspense are intrinsically linked, and very deftly so; the romance is quite complicated, but very realistic, and the spy story is fantastic, again because of those period details…The characters are superbly crafted, the writing is impeccable, the era’s popular expressions and cultural references are invariably accurate; the dialogues are flawless, and the author possesses a perfect grasp of the era’s social and moral codes.”
For a young woman swept into international adventure, romance can’t be far behind…
The 1920s are in full swing when Sadie Loudon leaves her grandfather’s stodgy vicarage, and she dreams of the glamour and excitement she’s seen on the silver screen. But before she even begins work at the storied Grand Russe Hotel, she is ushered into London’s glittering nightlife by a handsome young businessman intent on introducing her to the pleasures available to a Bright Young Thing. Is it a fleeting romance…or something even more intriguing?
Les Drake is on the lookout for Bolsheviks when he encounters sweet, sexy Sadie. A British Secret Intelligence agent, Les has more experience with the seedy underside of the city than with innocent chambermaids, but he can’t deny that Sadie tempts him. Using her as part of his cover seems like a brilliant plan until the danger of his assignment threatens what has suddenly become a love he can’t bear to lose…
I’m gearing up for the Valentine’s Day release! https://heatherhiestand.com/books/i-wanna-be-loved-by-you/ Sadie and Les are going to knock your socks off!
BOOK CLUB READING GUIDE for I Wanna Be Loved By You by Heather Hiestand
Spies feature prominently in I Wanna Be Loved By You. Who is your favorite spy character in fiction?
- Given that the hero in this book, Les Drake, is a spy, he lies continuously to the heroine. Do you think someone who works undercover can ever be a reliable romantic partner?
- Sadie is a madcap heroine who does things like go on a several-hour train ride with a man she barely knows for a date. If you are really feeling the spark with a man, how much risk would you take to go on a date with him?
- Sadie was orphaned as a pre-teen and raised by elderly grandparents. How would this affect your outlook on life?
- Sadie has spent her life living with her older sister. All of a sudden, when she’s nineteen, her older sister moves away, leaving her without her best friend and support system. What life changes might you make under those circumstances?
- Sadie is surprised to hear her date’s accent changing as he interacts with other people. Would this be a red flag for you? What other red flags might make you want to end a date?
- Sadie flings caution to the wind to some degree because it’s her birthday and she’s lonely. What kind of birthday present would you consider acceptable from a date you don’t know very well?
- What kind of behavior do you like best from a work supervisor? This book is set in 1925 and I imagined a fairly paternalistic relationship between Sadie and her boss, Peter Eyre. How do you think work relationships have changed in the past ninety years?
Happy September! Here in the Pacific Northwest it feels like autumn already. Admittedly, so did July this year, but most of August was hot and summery. It’s time to put away the kiddie pool, though, brew some tea, and curl up with a bunch of new books! My publisher is promoting If I Had You with some other new historical romances that are coming out this month, and I can’t wait to read them all. My Kindle is recovered from its epic crash and I have them all loaded up to enjoy!
If I Had You is out September 27th, though you can preorder it, as well as the sequel, “I Wanna Be Loved By You” which is out on Valentine’s Day. I’m negotiating the title of book three in the Grand Russe Hotel series with my editor. Book #3 will be out in September 2017. I hope the series is a success so I can keep writing stories set in my exotic, sexy hotel in 1925. I have two more stories already planned, including the happy ending for the mysterious and elegant hotel manager, Peter Eyre, who is featured in all the stories, along with his doomed romance with a tragic flapper.
I can’t wait to see who the favorite secondary characters are in my new series! I always have my own favorites, and how readers respond gives my editor and I feedback as to who readers want to learn more about. That’s how Lewis Noble got his own story in the Redcakes series. Yes, Christmas Delights was written just for Lewis fans (of course, I’m one too!)
Thank you to my readers, who allow me to pursue my favorite career outside of motherhood. I hope we can enjoy the Grand Russe hotel together.
“Looking forward to the cover for I WANNA BE LOVED BY YOU? I know I am! Meet me here on Thursday, 6/30 for the reveal. You can pre-order the book at these outlets now!